cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM - how to delete inactive characteristic combinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCM gurus:

We are live with SCM product allocation for over a year, there are many 'Inactive' characteristic combination in the characteristic combination directory /SAPAPO/ATPQ_CHKCHAR, the characteristics combination directory list is growing longer and longer

I was trying to delete some of the Inactive characteristics combination from the directory, and was getting the message 'It is not possible to delete characteristics combination XXXX XXXXXXX(material number)', it turned out that the system was checking against table /sapapo/sdqtvb, if there is any entry for this characteristic combination, then it would display that message and it would not allow this combination to be deleted, this table contains all sales orders that has valid product allocation assignments?? if this is the case, then how can I delete those Inactive characteristic combinations from the directory??

Your help on this is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

David Yang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh:

Before I delete transaction data, I like to know whether I should I just delete them from database or from database and LiveCache?

Thank you very much for you help so far!!

David

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, delete from both. Its good idea to try out first in sanxbox/quality server before you do in production and get the understanding of what needs to be done.

-Ramesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh, Senthil:

Thank you very much for your help!!

Davod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Point No 2 is just a prerequisite to avoid the error. It has been given to you

to check whether do you have such scenario maintained like. ie If there are

two product allocation groups that contain the same characteristics combinations

are created by error, then it requires deactivation.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil:

Thank you very much for your help!!

I am new to SCM so you and Ramesh's help are greatly appreciated

Can you please elaborate the Point 2, 'You created two product allocation groups that contain the same characteristics combination'? Point 1, I understand, I am bit lost on Point 2, not sure why I need to have 2 product allocation groups and contain the same characteristics combinations

Thanks!!

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David Yang,

There are two pre-requisities before deactivating characteristic combinations

1) You copied the planning data from a planning area to a product allocation group

2) You created two product allocation groups that contain the same characteristics combinations

Moreover, if there are any transactional data or order with confirmed quantity, then it

will not allow the deletion. So, items with confirmed quantities needs to be processed

and then try deletion

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you have to delete any transactional data related to this CVC and then try deleting the CVC.

-Ramesh