cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking long time to initialize planning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Few questions on initalizing planning are. We have about 500000 CVC and 8 millions records in it. We have recently upgradd to SCM 7.0. I am noticing now that every time we run background job to create CVC and initialize planning are, I noticed that hob SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITILIZE is taking lont time about 1.5 hours . Dont know why is it something to do with Memory or can we do any setting to improve performance.

Also please advice if we have to initialize planning area every time we create CVC'c or Realignment. Or just during month end job.

Thanks

KV

Edited by: KVerma on Oct 30, 2009 5:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Verma,

While 500,000 is a big number, 1.5Hrs. is too much to take. You can may be monitor the situation of your basis guy can see how the db is behaving while the initialization is started.

A consistency check ( program /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK) is enough. You don't have to initialize the planning area every the planning area. Just do it once a month to drop a month in past and pick a month in future.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KV,

1) Housekeeping of your existing data by archiving or deleting unwanted

data and keep your system free from all inconsistencies could be your

primary solution to resolve this issue

2) To keep the size of time series objects to a manageable minimum it makes

sense to initialize planning areas by scheduling background jobs that run

periodically. This is sometimes known as working with rolling horizons.

3) If you want the system to roll over periodically without scheduling the

same job repeatedly, you should use selection variables to enter relative dates.

The system then calculates the start and end dates each time the report is

executed. For instance, you specify that the initialization period should be

from 12 months in the past to 12 months in the future. If todayu2019s date is

July 1, 2003, this means that the initialization period starts on July 1, 2002

and ends on June 30, 2004. If the report is started anew on August 1, 2003,

change the dates to August 1, 2002 and July 31, 2004.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for al the information, and sharing your knowledge. As adivised I found that there is ot of housekeping to be done as we found lot of inconsitencies and unwanted CVC's getting created. Also I discused with my basis team and will work with hom for improving efficieny.

Thanks once again

KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Verma,

Maintan parellel processing profile with 10 parellel processors and 25000 or 50000 block size.

Assign this to Logon group.

For logon group ask your basis team to assign instances where there is enough space and memory parameters.

Then run initialization whith that parellel processing profile and ask basis to monitor.

This logon group helps to execute the job on specific instaces (Application server).

Please confirm.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.