cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Transport Directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, We have I system installed (S01) and we have just installed a new one (S02), we want to be able to trasnport from the system S01 to the system S02. What I have to do in order to do that?

I read that the systems have to have the same Transport Directory. And I checked with AL11 and the values for the DIR_TRANS parameter are the following for each system:

system S01 -> DIR_TRAN ->
S01\sapmnt\trans

system S02 -> DIR_TRAN ->
S02\sapmnt\trans

I tried to change the DIR_TRANS parameter with the transaction RZ10, but in S02 we don't have any profile.

Cuold you please help me to do that?

Thanks and Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below link. hope this would help you:

[SAP Help for Change and Transport System|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/14/94fc3f8fc2c542e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was that the instance is a central instance and the profiles that I was creating were dialog instances.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of your answers, but I think that the problem here is that the system S02 was created as a copy of the system S01. When I go to the transaction RZ10 in order to change the DIR_TRANS parameters, it is like the system has not a profile created. I tried copying the profile from the S01 system and this it did not work, it display a lot of errors, and I also tried creating a profile from scrath, it did not work too, when I save it, the system displayed a message saying that you have to reboot the server in order to active the profile, but after the reboot the system never started up again and I had to use the latest snapshot that I had. Do you know how can I fix that?

Thanks,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just go to RZ10 -> Utilities -> Import profiles -> Active Servers.

that will pull the profiles for the new box.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for alI of your answers, I tried creating the profile by importing it and by creating it from scratch and when I activate it, the system ask for a reboot and then never start up again. I don't have any idea why it is happening.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

so1,so2 are having two system landsacepe if u have made so1 is as domain controller u go o so1 stms and approve the system now configure a common transport directory for both DIR_TRANS --->
S01\sapmnt\trans in rz10 of S01,SO2 as well .if the system is not coming up change the parameter at o.s level .and later try to start the syste.

Regards

Zia

Edited by: Zia Pasha on Nov 5, 2009 5:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to TCode rz10 and in Utilities click on import profiles of active server. After that you will be able to see your profiles in rz10.

V..

Former Member
0 Kudos

check

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/c4/3a610f505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/pt/3d/ad5dbf4ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm]

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You are telling that you have installed two system, SO1 and SO2.

So if you have running SAP system then there must be profiles for your system.

As per data you have provided, I guess that SO1 and SO2 are hostnames (You have specified transport dir path as
SO1\sapmnt\trans).

Regards,

Abhay

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

read that the systems have to have the same Transport Directory.

not neccesary to have tarnsport directory, it depends upon scenario.

Pls follow the below link for configuring stms configuration.

bbs.cenet.org.cn/UploadImages/200581112435749207.pdf

Also check the below link

Thanks,

Anil