cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide value of characteristic in CV04N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding a characteristic connected to a class in class type 017. The characteristic has a value with sensitive information that should not be seen by all that have access to the trx CV04N or display document. We have set up the authorisation role to reflect the document type.

I have searched the forum without finding any solution to this. I have tested:

- "No display" tick in the definition of the characteristic. This only prevents the characteristic to be shown in input screen.

- "Display Relevant" in the definition of hte class. This does not prevent the characteristic to show eather.

The text from F1:

"Display Relevant

This indicator shows that a characteristic is to be displayed.

In applications where you display characteristics, you can query this indicator internally in the program, so that only the display-relevant characteristics are shown. If no characteristics have the Display-relevant indicator, all characteristics are displayed."

Why does this not work in DMS trx CV04N? Is this an error in the system?

Or do I have to use the solution with authorisation mentioned on the Class? (under tab "Basic data") Authorisation groups BGRSE to solve this?

Text form F1:

"Authorization group for finding objects

Authorization key: determines whether a user is allowed to use this class to find objects.

This authorization must be defined in the user master record. The authorization object is BGRSE."

Please advice

Thanks

Ellen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a client with this exact requirement as you mentioned - it was only possible to hide the sensitive characteristic value through an enhancement asyou mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for others information, from OSS:

" ......

after doing further analyses regardin the mentioned behavior I found

out that the mentioned 'Display relevant' flag is only used for making

the characteristic visible/invisible on the selection screen of search

transactions like CV04N for example. But this flag is not mentioned for

the creation process of the ALV result list.

A possible solution could be to use the BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01 with method AFTER_SEARCH_DATA. Maybe you can achieve it to influence the layout behavior with a special check."

BR

Ellen