Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading files and online Editing of Documents

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to KM.I am running on WAS 6.4 and EP 6.0 SP 14.

1) How do i edit a file Online ? I want the Menu path ? I am able to open the files that i created from KM.

2) I am not able to see the option for Downloading a file from content Mgmt. But I am able to upload files. I checked the Details > Action menu path. I could not find download option.

3) The most important and default MIME types for online editing are stored in KM Standard configurations. Where do i find them.

Kindly help me out !!!

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on your KM configuration, you should have admin privileges on the machine you are working on (as edit locally will download KM docservice object to your machine) ..if you have admin rights already then try to delete KM doc service object, clear browser cache try again. ( to delete this object.. for IE.. go to Internet options --> go to settings under Temporary Internet Files --> go to View Objects, you will see this as SAP KM DocService Control, delete this). This will be downloaded when you try to edit locally again.

- Dileep

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dileep. One last question :

The most important and default MIME types for online editing are stored in KM Standard configurations. Where do i find them.

Murali.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Under Content Management, i am not able to see Utilities or Global Services. Where do i find them ?

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I found all these Links under System Configuration > KM > Content Management. Was looking in the wrong Menu path.

The Thread is closed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the answer for the 1st one. I didnt see the context menu against each file which has EDIT options.

But i could not solutions for the rest.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When i try to edit a file Locally, it says "Opertaion Failed." I didnt get any Java Plug-in security warning message.