cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a quotaion that is valid from today till month end. I have created a contract with ref to that quotation. Now when i want to create another contract with ref to that quotaion, system is saying that "The reference has already been completely copied or rejected". I want that system should allow me creating contrcats with ref to one quotation until and unless quotation validity expires.

Please respond that how can i do that?

Best Regards,

AI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard SAP, a Quotation gets completed status in the scenarios specified below,

- if the total quantity of an item is refered (completely referred). OR

- if all items are rejected. OR

- if partial quantities of an item are refered,then if you reject the rest quantities. OR

- if the validity period is over.

This above property is controlled by the "Completion rule"- B assigned to the item category in quotation (in standard item category AGN, you can check).

In your case, I think, you have already referred the total quantity from the Quotation to the Contract, that is why the Quotation has got completed status and a completed document, you can not refer any more.

Where as, you are trying to refer the quotation which has got completed status, hence the error. You can check the overall status of the Quotation in the Document flow.

For your requirement,

- remove the "Completion rule" from the Item category in Quotation. Make it blank.

- in the copy control (VTAA), at item level, you will find a check box "Update document flow"-----> make it "blank" and try now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ohk. If I put blank in item category of quotation then will it stop me to create contract if quotation expires?

Please respond.

Best Regards,

AI.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The same is happening because you would have created the contract of the same quantity as you created for quotation.

If you need to create more contracts then

1. Either Change the copletion Rule.

2. Else increase the quotation quantity and then create a new contract.

Thanks and Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in VOV7 select the ITEM CATEGORY for Contracts and change the value in the COMPLETION RULE to A which will allow to create the contract with referecen to Quotation.

Please change the value in the field and try.

revert back if you need more details .

regards,

santosh