cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoreaction doesn't work from client 000 but works from other clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Autoreaction doesn't work from client 000.

More details coming. Having trouble getting the thread to post.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new auto-reaction we wrote calls standard SAP code. The SAP subroutines retrieve the details of the alert in the Security Audit logs. Time conversions are done in these subroutines. In 2007, the US changed it's DST rules (see OSS note 919538). The DST rules are customizing entries in table TTZDV. The USA 2007 entry was never put in the base client 000.

Currently, we are in a week when DST already would have ended prior to 2007.

Because the customizing entry was not in client 000. The SAP routines calculated the current local time differently in client 000 than they did in our standard client.

As a result, the SAP routines were unable to find the message that was written to the security audit logs. When this happened, the SAP routines exited successfully. No error messages are written by the SAP routines to indicate the alert could not be found.

Bottom line is this TTZDV customizing entry needs to be in client 000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to post the original problem description yesterday. I finally figured out there was a problem in the text I think it was maybe a ( L or c ) that was resulting in a HTTP 501 error when I tried to post the message.

Since then, we were able to figure out the problem, but the solution was so obscure, I thought it would still be good to post the problem and solution.

The solution will be in the next post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We set up a new local auto-reaction. This is not a central auto-reaction. The auto-reaction writes a

message to the UNIX system log /var/adm/messages when a "Security"

alert i.e. - Logon, RFCLogon, TransactionStart, etc. occurs.

The RZ20 alerts are being properly generated and can be seen in both

the CEN system and the local system. On the local system if I view

all alerts for the MTE using transaction RZ20 and select one of the

alerts and choose Edit -> Nodes ( MTE ) -> Start methods -> Start auto-

reaction method. The auto-reaction writes the message to the UNIX

system log. If I execute the same procedure in client 000 nothing is

written to the UNIX system log.

I've also tried triggering a new alert and running SAPMSSY8 from SE38

while the alert is still in status ACTION_REQUIRED. If I do this from

client 010, an entry is written to the unix system log. If I do this

from client 000, nothing is written to the unix system log. In both

cases, the status of the alert changes from ACTION_REQUIRED to ACTIVE.

Since the System Cyclic program ( SAPMSSY6 ) that triggers SAPMSSY8

always runs in client 000, the auto-reaction never writes the messages

to the UNIX system log.

I have been working on this issue for days. There are several posts and notes relevant to a similar situation with e-mail alerts that are not working from client 000 because SAPCONNECT is not set up in client 000. However, this auto-reaction does not send an e-mail, so SAPCONNECT set-up should not be necessary. I've searched Service Marketplace and could not find any notes that resolved the problem either.

I've also checked CCMS Self-Monitoring and cannot find any alerts or errors relevant to this problem.

Does anyone know why the auto-reaction only works from a client other than client 000?

Best regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is something in my text that was preventing the problem description from posting. I have to post a little at a time.

-Begin of problem description/question-

This is not so much a Solution Manager question as a CCMS / RZ21 / RZ20 question, but this seems to be the best location to get this kind of advice.