cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I input DEV client No. when we use Transport System ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created Transport system among diff clients in the same system; DEV 330, QAS 320, PRD 310.

As I tried to set Transport route from DEV to QAS, it is impossible to choose any clients from DEV. Only the System Name appears(e.g SM1),,, does anyone know how to set client No. in DEV?

(It's possible to set clients No from QAS and PRD now...)

Edited by: Tomohiko Aida on Oct 30, 2009 3:10 PM

Edited by: Tomohiko Aida on Oct 30, 2009 3:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RajeeV P

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, it is a client specific transport.

We followed your advice and put client there... but still we can't choose DEV client No.

Is it impossible to choose DEV client No.?

Edited by: Tomohiko Aida on Nov 2, 2009 2:08 AM

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible. Once you mentioned your client numbers in the respected system, you need to add the transport route. Please delete the transport routes which you have already added before that. Hopefully, you have created a transport layer. If not, from STMS-- Goto-Transport Layer. Create a Z tranport layer there.

Then proceed with the creation of transport routes. Edit-Transport RouteAdd Transport Route. A pencil mark will come as the cursor. Click on your Dev system. Depending on the scenario whether it is Consolidation or Delivery, you can select the route. If it is consolidation, you dont need to specify the source client and if it is Delivery, you can specify the source as well as target system client and system.

Hope this answers you.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Thank you for your detailed advice.

Now we managed to solve the problem!

"If it is consolidation, you dont need to specify the source client "

That's the point where we are confusing. We thought we needed to specify the source client there,,,

You are the best!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you are trying to configure a client specific transport.

Txn STMS> Transport Routes>Double click on the system shown in the graphic view>Select the 'Standard TransportLayer'--> Mention your client there. After that create a transport routes.

Hope this helps

Rajeev