SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

massive update of object connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Anybody knows how I can do massive update of object connection? Is there any transaction where I can do that?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which information exactly you want to update?

Cheers,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz

I need to update the field "Superior functional location" (EHAUD-TPLMA).

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of any transaction but I think BAPI_FUNCLOC_SAVEREPLICA can be used to do mass update of connection objects.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we need to figure out first what function modules will be required to change the superior technical place of a connection object resp. of a technical place. For the technical place of the CO you may think of using the BAPI BAPI_FUNCLOC_CHANGE. But I am not sure whether this will be reflected in the CO. You want to check this out?

Cheers, Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

I checked with the BAPI BAPI_FUNCLOC_CHANGE and it updates the value of superior functional location for the connection object. I can see the updated value by selecting the Functional Location tab. Is this what you wanted to confirm or am I missing something as usual ?

Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Sachin,

The first question is whether the (functional) result is as required, is it? In a subsequent step we would think of a mass update.

For a mass update you could develop a custom program that calls the BAPI or you could think of using the IS Migration Workbench. The question is: what is a mass update? How many connection objects need to be updated? How do you know which is the correct superior technical place of the related connection objects (technical places)?

Cheers,

Fritz