cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookups to external DB - Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using PI 7.0 . There is a requirement to lookup to the external DBs for a number of interfaces(around 35) and the data is supposed to be large and dynamic.

The question is : From performance perspective,it suggestable to use the JDBC lookups / Mapping lookups in XI for all the interfaces. or use the lookups in the legacy systems itself.

Please suggest which would be a performance effective whther use the Lookups within XI or ask the legacy systems to do lookup on their systems.

Regards,

Kalpana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpana,

If its possible to perfrom Lookups at legacy System Level then its really good to perfrom ant legacy System Level,but you dont have a chance to troubleshoot if anything went wrong,but its avoid too much burder on PI Server.

When we go for DBLooks is to validate the process at mapping level then we go for DB.i am not clear about your requirement.

If you want to perform DB lookups in XI ,The best approch is to going for Connection pooling mechanism,we need to create number of connection need to be open,in your case many interfaces going to be perfrom DB operations,so create one data source obejct and define conection pooling seetings in Vidual Admin and deploy the data source too in visual Admin.

Then create JAVA Mapping /UDF and cal the Data Source object in JAVA MAPPING,/UDFand write querys to insert data in to data base as per requirement.mY Advice to you is to write java map and make it as reusable across all interfaces.

or some otherway to perform DB Looks is create JDBC Receiver Communication channel and cal the Receiver cc in UDF/JAVA Mapping.

Coming to perfromance point of view its always take more resource consumption while performing mass lookups in XI,but follow betetr design and there will be no issues.

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalpa na,

Please suggest which would be a performance effective whther use the Lookups within XI or ask the legacy systems to do lookup on their systems.

---> definately from perfromance point of view it will be a concern if @ lookup time you will exchanging massive data . So Even I would have suggested the same thing to client and would have performed the lookups in legacy .

But than SAP has provided the different lookup features in XI/PI ...and we can monitor it in a better fashion .

Regards ,