cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cleanup data from single Data Object only in DOE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have some issues with cleaning up data from my data object. My requirement is to clean data from one of my Data Object.

For this i am using sdoe_cleanup T-code , but this is clearing data from all the data objects of the SWCV which i do not want.

How can i make sure that data is cleaned up only from that particular data object.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're doing this in a test environment and can change the BAPI Wrapper yourself you can do this:

1. Go the GETLIST BAPI Wrapper in the Backend. There Add a single line in the beginning:

RETURN.

(this means, GETLIST will return nothing when called)

2. Go the SDOE_LOAD transaction and perform a delta load in the DOE.

(at this point, the DOE System will call the GETLIST and be fooled into thinking that there is NO DATA in the BE. It will clean up the CDS and send deletes to the devices as well)

3. Go back to the GETLIST BAPI Wrapper and revert the initial change that you made.

Thats about it. Your DOE is cleaned up and the Backend data is INTACT.

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Nov 3, 2009 2:52 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

On the SDOE_CLEANUP TCODE you are limited to SWCV and you can select a particular DO. I don't know how is your landscape but you can clear the source table of the data (the data that was readed by the wrapper) and ejecute a delta_load, in this case this particular DO will be cleaned because the DOE will not found any data on the backend.

Regards,

David Faustini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

sdoe_cleaup will clean up data for all data objects part of SWCV and this is by design.

Cleaning up data this way is not recommended in productive scenarios and i guess only incase of certain test scenarios(like a performance test) , this could be used.

What is the reason you wish to go for clean up?

Regards,

Liji