cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline brach doesn't trigger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a sinc-asinc bridge bpm. Inside the bridge there's a block performing different communications, and I have set a deadline of 1 minute for it. One of the communications is taking too long, (it is a call to a RFC and it takes so long that causes a dump), but the deadline brach doesn't trigger.

The process ends with the error message <SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message 4ae9e669-e4dd-007f-e100-8000b5660b19(INBOUND) expired</SAP:AdditionalText> that the BPM catches and send back to the sender. All this takes about 6 minutes but the deadline set to 1 minute doesn't trigger.

Anyone has an idea why can this be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello...

Can you brief the steps that you used to create the BPM. Also what are you doing in Deadline branch? Are you raising ( when the desired time is passed ) an exception in the deadline branch?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick the process for deadline is scheduled and set to 1 minute.

S.R.Suraj,

The steps of the BPM are a receive step that open a sinc-asinc bridge, a block with different steps (transformations and sinc send steps) and a send step that closes the sinc-asinc bridge (out of the block). The block has a deadline branch set to 1 minute, and inside there's a control step rising an exception that is handled in another exeption branch. The steps inside the block take too long, (one of the send steps is a call to a RFC that takes a long time), but the deadline is not triggered. The process ends due to a system error got from the send step inside the block after 6 minutes (it raises an exception handled by another exception branch), but it should end due to the deadline reached.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello..

Check whether the parameter Reference Date/Time is set as Creating the Step in the deadline branch

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is set to creating the process. Shouldn't it work this way?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what each one does.. but changing it to "Create a step" will work (all our interfaces are working like this.

In mean time let me check and if I find any thing i will update it here

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you but I changed it and still doesn't work

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello..

As I thought...

check this thread

The guy there is saying my basis team has missed out the workflow configuration during installation.

Can you check with Basis on this!!! as I am not sure what all configurations are required.,...

And as far as i searched all the modes for Reference Date/Time should trigger the Deadline Branch

All the best

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configuration as far as I know is done in transaction swu3 and it's done properly.

Any other idea?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in transaction SWU3 you could check the configured time "Schedule Background Job for Missed Deadlines" this is time for checking if a deadline has expired.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had already configured this to 1 minute. That should be enough to allow my branch trigger (remember that the whole process is taking more than 6 minutes) but still it doesn't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you could first check if deadlines in other processes are working or not.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no other processes, PI has just been installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then your process for deadlines is maybe not scheduled. You should check again the configuration in SWU3 and you could verify it with testing another deadline process.

Regards

Patrick