Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create pre-defined values in a listbox(when checking SM30)

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I created a ztable and also a maintenance view for it. one of the field, named 'EVENT', is a list box and I need to put pre defined values in it so data would be consistent when users maintain it.

I have to put predefined values in it. the first one is:

1-Comptrollership

The second one is:

2-Handling Cost Admin

Again, thank you guys and have a nice day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to put the fixed values in the domain which is tied to the data element that is tied to the field in the ztable. You can create custom data elements and domains to handle this. Then all you need to do is go into the table maintenance program, in the screen, and set the "List Box" setting in screen painter for that field in the table control. That's it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

2 REPLIES 2

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to put the fixed values in the domain which is tied to the data element that is tied to the field in the ztable. You can create custom data elements and domains to handle this. Then all you need to do is go into the table maintenance program, in the screen, and set the "List Box" setting in screen painter for that field in the table control. That's it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please specify the values in domain value range.

The system will save only those values specified in the value range of the domain.

Regards,

Irfan Hussain