cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file rep.of an IDOC to IDOC XML conversion-structure mismatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am converting the Flat file representation of an IDOC to IDOC XML using Java mapping. It is generic code which has been successfully used for many of the interfaces.. But there is a mismatch in the structure for the file that I am using. I checked the metadata and it's perfectly fine. The problem is with the input file:

SEGNUM is coming as 000000 for every segment. Even PSGNUM is not coming as per the Number of superior parent segment.

I also read about we21 transaction, but it doesn't fit into the option....

Please suggest me an alternate way of handling this.

Thanks in advance,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know what prompted you to write a Java mapping to convert IDOC to IDOC-XML when SAP has provided you a standard ABAP mapping to do it. NoCode required at all.

How to Convert Between IDoc-XML Structure to a Flat File and Vice Versa in Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 (NW2004)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1972bc0b8a

Regards,

Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the java code, you might be reading the meta data from a file. Check if the meta data in the file is exactly matching the metadata (documentation) of the IDOC. this you can check in we60. If they are not the same, download the metadata from we60 on to the file and use this instead and try again.

Hope this resolves.

Thanks and Regards,

Sarath.