Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian Bengali Language in SAP ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to use Bengali Language for log in into SAP system and also display report output and smartform output having both English and Bengali text.

I have followed SAP Notes 42305, 742662 and 812821for importing Bengali language, changing SmartForm editor to MS-Word and extend standard font HELVE_17 with Bengali font for output in different languages respectively.

But neither I am able to login using Bengali language into server after restart nor printout is coming in both languages; instead at the time of login a message is coming Bengali(Code 6B) is not an installed language and in printout Bengali text is replaced by '#' though English text is coming properly.

The system is ECC 6.0.

Probably I am missing some steps of configuration.

Please help with some detail step-by-step documentation of configuring I18N, SMLT, Cascading Font.

Thanks in advance,

Avijit

1 REPLY 1

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But neither I am able to login using Bengali lanuage into server after restart nor printout is coming in both languages; instead at the time of login a message is coming Bengali(Code 6B) is not an installed language and in printout Bengali text is replaced by '#' though English text is coming properly.

1. Bengali is not a delivered language, it's not availalbe as logon language. You have to translate all the output manually.

2. Is your system a Unicode system?

Markus