cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicated coding mask for standard template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I wish to maintain coding mask for: various varities of projects like:

1) PP/00000-00-00-00

2) PS/00000-00-00-00

3) PA/00000-00-00-00

To have the template functionality also in place, please suggest which of the following is best?

1) The above coding masks are allowed for both operative and standard. It means, the number series contains mix of both std and operative projects.

2) To have a dedicated coding mask ST/00000-00-00-00 which will be a common standard template for creating Operative projects using the above masks. I am still having doubt since i could not test this as the existing system coding masks not allowed for modication.

I request the experts, to suggest a best practice in this regard.

warm regards

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better to use different coding mask for Standard and Operative Projects. Eg. Use ST-0000-00 for Standard and PS-0000-00 for Operative. Ensure the project coding key length is same. Then you can use the locking indicators in OPSJ to enable the users use specific coding masks for creating Std. or Operative projects.

Regards,

Kabir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The number series will not contain the mix of both operative and standard structures as you have mentioned in point 1. Please check.

As for point 2, Kabir is right. Create a new mask for standard structures and lock it for operative projects.

Regards,

Ajinkya

Edited by: Ajinkya Vaidya on Oct 30, 2009 6:08 AM