cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update existing Java Mapping in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to update the existing Java Mapping. I downloaded the existing mapping from imported archive and modified it in NWDS but it is giving lots of errors regarding missing libraries(JARs).

I just need to do a small change in code.

Can anyone suggest how to compile it and creat a JAR and which i can upload back as an imported archive?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that you have the below jars or else you can find them in your XI server.

aii_adapter_xi_svc.jar,aii_af_cci.jar,aii_af_cpa.jar,aii_af_mp.jar,aii_af_ms_api.jar,aii_af_ms_spi.jar,aii_af_svc.jar,aii_af_trace.jar,aii_map_api.jar,aii_mt_rt.jar,aii_util_xml.jar,aii_utilxi_misc.jar

Then import these jars to Project Explorer section --> Properties --> Java Build Path --> Libraries --> Add External Jars in NWDS.

Compile the code.

For making a jar file run this command from the command prompt.Input file are the source code file and the .class file.

jar cf jar-file input-file(s)

Regards,

Ramkiran

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I downloaded the existing mapping from imported archive and modified it in NWDS but it is giving lots of errors regarding 
missing libraries(JARs).

If you look at the very first lines of the code you will find some statements like import somename;

Now when you have made the change there may be a requirement to add more jar files....to do this make sure that you have these files in your local desktop --> Open the mapping in NWDI --> Right-click on the mapping name in Project Explorer section --> Properties --> Java Build Path --> Libraries --> Add External Jars --> Select the jar files from your desktop and import....again compile and see if you have any error messages.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisek,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The real problem is i dont have those all library jars. So is it mandatory to have all the required library files if i want to update any existing project in NWDS?

If i dont have all the jar files how to update mapping?

Thanks,

Bharat

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is mandatory to import all the required jar files...if this is not done then the compiler will never know what is the actual purpose of a particular statement that you have written in the java code.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek / Bharat,

I dont think theres any way to to modify the java mapping and build ?

even if you have to a simple change in the existing java mapping .

Thanks.

Sumit

Edited by: Sumit Khetawat on Oct 30, 2009 11:45 AM