cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mapping Using JDOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI Experts,

I have developed a java mapping class using JDOM. I have tested this stand alone in NWDS and it is working as expected. Then I have exported this as a jar file and imported into XI repository. When tested, I am getting an error saying "JDOMException" class not found in the software component.

I think it is about JDOM.jar . I do not know how to import it into XI.

How do I correct this error?

Thanks

Vidya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

You can import the JDOM.jar to Imported Archive of similar to how you imported your java mapping jar.

Goto Imported Archive->Create New. Give a name as you wish (e.g. Jdom) and then import the JDOM.jar to it.

At runtime your JAVA Mapping will refer to this JDOM archive that you have imported to the archive.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gautam,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried this but when I import jdom.jar, it is overwriting the orginal jar file with the mapping I had imported earlier. Now when I test it is saying the mapping class is not found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I hope you have a different name for the jar that has your mapping other than jdom.

If that jar also has name as jdom then it will get over written by the jdom.jar that you are importing.

Please check name of your mapping jar file

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using different names for the jar files , yet when I import the second jar, the first jar gets overwritten. Looks like the Import Archives will allow only one jar file to be imported at any time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

There is no such constraint on imported archive, you can import as many jar files as you want.

Can you give the complete text of the error that you are encountering?

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Edited by: Gautam Purohit on Oct 30, 2009 2:09 PM