cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I unchecked the 'Suppress Multiple alerts of this rule' for the Alert rule in RWB. The problem is it then creates an email for every retry attempt for the failure. Is there a way to restrict the emails to just one for a message..

If i check the ' suppress Multiple alerts' check box, then until I confirm the message, other messages are not delivered...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

<i>I unchecked the 'Suppress Multiple alerts of this rule' for the Alert rule in RWB. The problem is it then creates an email for every retry attempt for the failure. Is there a way to restrict the emails to just one for a message..</i>

You can try for Message Mapping/Adapter Errors like different Error clasifications.

But if you want to have for specific messages/actions then I think you can make use of BPM to throw an Errors/Alerts.

Check this sap note- 913858

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna, this is my scenario. I am trying to connect with JDBC adapter. Due to SQL error, error message is raised in Adapter. Based on the adapter retry attempts, XI keeps trying to connect with JDBC adapter.

Is it possible to set up the rules so that we get just one alert for this message and not multiple alert mails? or that is not feasible using alert framework (without BPM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i understand you correctly the problem is that even though the very same XI message is failing due to automatic retries, the alert framework generates multiple alerts.

If this is the case, i would suggest you open up an OSS message at SAP, as this should not be the standard XI behaviour. The standard behaviour should be one alert per message in the adapter framework.

From the standard functionality of the Alert Framework i don't see a way to limit the alerts per message in the adapter engine. You have tried out the suppression, which suppresses all alerts being created with the same alert rule, so would affect more than one specific message and apart from that there is no other such functionality.

Regards

Christine

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SSG,

What christine has suggested makes a lot of sense. Do keep us updated on how you resolve this issue.

<i>The standard behaviour should be one alert per message in the adapter framework.</i>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SSG,

<i>If i check the ' suppress Multiple alerts' check box, then until I confirm the message, other messages are not delivered...</i>

You can avoid having to send confirmations in the following way,

ALRTCATDEF--> SETTINGS --> CONFIGURATION -->STATUS HANDLING WITH MAILS --> NO STATUS for both the options.

Try this and let us know,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, it is already that way..

Anybody else encountering such a problem (where they get multiple alerts for retry in single message?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSG,

I'm having the same issue you were having. Did you find a resolution for this?

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Tracy. Yet to resolve this issue, but this appears to be restricted to JDBC adapter errors only..

As we were working on other high priority issues, we didn't raise a OSS message.