cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention moderators - Duplicate posts and posts without searching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Am I the only one who feels this forum has been watered down constant posting from users who couldn't be bothered to try using the search key.

Is it possible that we can start deleting these posts so users are forced to use their search key instead of forcing other users to do the work for them?

I've heard about this happening in other forums in an attempt to stop some of the bad practices that have crept in and I'm hoping the same can be achieved here.

Regards,

Athol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What works well in the forums I activately moderate is if community members use the Abuse Reports button (see the yellow triangle in the top right task bar of each post).

This helps moderators who check the log to home in quickly on threads which are violating the forum rules or not contributing to the quality of the SDN forum discussions.

The posts are then rejected, or the threads locked. In extreme cases, repeat offender's user ID's are deleted.

I can strongly recommend reading the forum rules (see the sticky thread at the top of the forum page).

Cheers,

Julius

(Netweaver Security + ABAP forum moderator)

Answers (0)