cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Customization - adding fields at Personal Information overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

how can i add display fields to the personal information overview in ESS, i am using the object "essptpdata", and i would like to display more fields in the overview.

Thanks,

António Lavrador

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am on EP7.0 ERP05 NW04s and trying to add fields on the Banks Overview screen ...I want to add Bank Account Type like Checking or Savings ..but when I modify the code in the wdDoModifyView() method of the Bizcard field it displays me 01 and 02 as it is stored in the backend like that.....

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

For this you have to change the source code.Please follow the instructions for the same:

1) Create project eg essptpdata and expand it

2) Open VcPerPersonalPTOverview component of the application.

3) Go to implementation of BizcardsView ( View in the same component)

4) In wdDoModifyView(), we pass technical names of field that we want to display on the bizcard at the runtime

5) Text for these fields is maintained in Message Pool of same component.

6) In this case you have to add technical field name in wdDoModifyView() method of BizcardsView implementation.

7) You have to add text in message pool for this field

😎 Save, Build and Deploy the project and test the application again.

Do write back if you have issues

Cheers

Ruchi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

The information you gave is helpful , but i see the text message in German. Also i am working on ESS cat DC to modify the column of the time entry table for weekly and daily. Please let me know what code has to look for making the changes.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

If you still need some help then have a look at my tutorial, which you can download by using this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km...

Please note that it requires SDN logon to download the file.

The tutorial explains how to develop your own BizCard and also explains how to show different fields in the Overview by subtype.

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please give me a hint about how to get the text in Bizcard in case the field in the context is a key field, say Gender, Country, Nationality. Will appreciate if you can send me some sample code.

Regards,

Subhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Till date it is not possible to add more fields in bizcard on overview screen. Which ERP version you are using ..ERP 2004 or ERP 2005?

This new feature will be provided shortly as a ERP 2005 value pack where you can customize your bizcard fields.

As of now fields displayed on bizcard are hardcoded in the country specific applications. If you want to add or change fields on bizcard you have to create a project in netweaver studio and have to change the code.

In case you are willing to do the changes, I will guide you further on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Ruchi Gupta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. We are using ERP 2004, can you guide me then, in how to add this fields with netweaver studio?

thank you again,

António Lavrador