Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Role for BA's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus!

In our company BA's work cross functional(MM, PP,...), we have RPM box coming and BA's ask for SPRO access.

I was doing some testing around SPRO; assume there is a role with tcode SPRO, It does not work stand alone; most of the time when I tried to clilck a hirerarchy with in SPRO it ask for separate tcode(VL02, VL03, MMO2...).

And in many places it only shows as SPRO and not any tcode.

How to create security roles if a BA's are working cross functional?

Our BA have no idea about what he needs, they say we need SPRO...but creating a role with SPRO doesnt give underlying access right?

Any suggestions on how to create "Customizer Roles"

I searched SAP standard templates, did not find any...

Your thoughts gurus!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: AJ on Oct 29, 2009 10:13 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ, please do a search on SPRO and/or customizing.

There have been plenty of posts which describe how to do what you are asking for. In the last week Dipanjan gave some info on creating customising roles so have a look through his posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it was asked quite a few times, ever since I came to this forum.

Follow this link which i used when I created customizing roles for the first time

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/7e/c81c8752c511d182c50000e829fbfe/frameset.htm.

I already gave this link in some other post as well

steps:

1. Create a customizing Project IMG, above link helps you.

2. Assign this to a role. PFCG -> create customizing role ->open it-> utiltities -> cust auth and select the Project you created in previous step

3.Assign role to a user.

Regards,

Brahmeshwar

0 Kudos

Thanks Poloju, I really apprecaite this info. I did not start yet customizing role but to be positive I am thinking will acheive my objective with your info.

Alex - My apologies I should have been searched little bit before posting.

Very Thankfull to SDN gurus!

0 Kudos

It did not work, When I am trying to add 'Customizing Auth'; its says no projects exist.

SAP Documentation says:

Choose whether you want to insert IMG activities from a Customizing project or a project view into the role with the Insert key.

The transaction codes and other authorization objects required to maintain tables for this Customizing project (view) are determined automatically and imported into the role.

It pulled only 'SPRO' , when we trying to execute underlying fields ' its doing auth check for associated tcodes (SM34,..)

My guess to get this work, we have to assign SPRO+any tcodes which its calling.

Thanks.