cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating a Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created a material master for a material Y-350 in my system.I have defined it for the Plant 1100 (Berlin), Sales Org 1020 , Distribution channel 22.When i try to create a sales order for a customer in Dusseldorf,Germanyy , i get an error saying "Material Y-350 is not defined for sales org 1020,distr.chann 22,language DE".It means that a short text with the appropriate language exists(a short text must be available in the language of either the customer or the sales organization).I had it maintained in English.From where do i go and maintain it in German ?Kindly let me know.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check what's the sales area assigned to your customer in Dusseldorf,Germany. It has to be Sales Org 1020 , Distribution channel 22.

To check that go to XD02 & enter customer number there and press "Customer Sales Areas" button. There you can view all sales areas available for your customer. Check whether Sales Org 1020 , Distribution channel 22. exists there. If not, from XD01, you have to extend your customer for that sales area again.

If that's there, then check the language in Material Master.

What you have to do is, go to MM02, give the Material number and go in by selecting Basic Data view.

Once go in, select "Additional Data" button option from the top.

Under "Descriptions" tab, maintain language "DE", since customer is from Germany.

Now try & see.

Best regards,

Anupa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you need to maintain the material master record properly. In the Additional Data section, Provide the description of the

material in DE language. Then please try to create the Sales order once again.

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MM02 transaction code, input the material and select the basic data view and then you will be allowed to chnage the master record for your material. And then in the descriptions tab give some appropriate (give the material name itself) description in DE language and save the record.

Then you will be able to create a sales order without that error message.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check for the division in the material master- sales org 1- division,

create sales order based on that particular sales area (sales org , distribution channel , division)

(or)

goto VOV8 select your sales order type- general control -check division(leave the field blank)

regards

senya