set up activities in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have th e following recipe:

operation 10

phase 20: set up phase

phase 30: prod phase

When transferring to apo the production version, it is created in APO the PPM.

Everything is ok, but when I enter to modifiy something in the PPM and try to activate it, I get the error message in APO:

operation 20 only contains set up activity.

And I can't activate the PPM.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also faced a similar issue, but with PDS. The cause is you can not have only setup operation in your routing, becuase as per the new logic developed by SAP in APO after SCM 4.1, the setup should be followed by a produce activity. They call it as processor based logic. Whatever I had read and understood, while rescheduling it takes the produce activitiy as the reference and tries to schedule the setup activity.

In our scenario, we also had 2 operations, one with only setup and other with only produce. The way we created a workaround is on the Work Center. I beleive you also must have assigned different resource to each phase (20 & 30) in your routing. What we did is we add processing time formula in the scheduling tab of the resource which has only setup activity. And we ensured that this processing time formula is a constant for 1 second in order not to disturb the scheduling.

I'm not sure whether it works for you. But let me know if you got anyother solution on this issue.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Please check on the following:-

1) Operation 20 is maintained with all set up time, UoM and other relevant fields

2) Ensure work centre is maintained and assigned to the operation 20

3) Check base quantity, UoM, Control key, are maintained

4) Check set up key/group are maintained under R/3 customisation

5) Check work centre, set up group/key, material, are transferred to APO

prior to the PPM

If master data and configurations are ok, then it will automatically gets

activated and no need for manual activation

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.