cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are item level customer fields supposed to be displayed in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

In SRM 7.0, where are the item level customer fields supposed to be shown? I set them up exactly like the header level customer fields, which showed up properly on "RFx parameter" tab (with structure enhancement and metadata control). But I can't find the item level customer fields on the UI. I looked under item detail "Item Data" tab, but they are not there. The data itself is saved in BBP_PDISC though as I checked in bbp_pd.

Has anybody who is implementing SRM 7.0 had successful experiences in configuring and showing the item level customer fields? Could you shed some light as to what I could have missed and where should they be displayed?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You see customer fields in item data tab.

Please check the meta data customizing. I think meta data customizing is missing.

IMG: SAP SRM -> SRM server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) -> Configure Field Control -> Configure Control for Fields on Item Level -> Metadata for Fields on Item Level

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

I had done the metadata control. And the value for Z_FIELD1 was saved in Table BBP_PDISC. Here are some specifics:

1) structure INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_BID

DUMMY_EEW_PDISC_BID

.APPEND

.INCLUDE

Z_FIELD1

2) structure INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF

DUMMY_EEW_PDISC

.APPEND

Z_FIELD1

3) Table /SAPSRM/C_MDF_IC

CLIENT 000

FIELD NAME Z_FIELD1

BUS OBJ TYPE BUS2200

BUS OBJ SUBTYPE

PROCESS TYPE BID

ITEM TYPE 0

ITEM PROCESS TYP 0

ENTRY TYPE

VISIBLE X

ENABLED X

REQUIRED

Am I still missing anything?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved. What I missed was the "Item Process Type" value in metadata control.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add vendor number as a required field for some categories. Could you please help me? I don't know what is the structure file name to add this field as mandatory...I know how to do it in SAP SRM 4.0, however now I'm working with SAP SRM 7.0 Could you please help me?

Thanks.

Regards,

Nelson

Edited by: SAP_NFHC on Feb 9, 2011 11:22 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jay,

Please check whether this link is useful

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001969972008E.pdf

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Check the visibility field whether it is enable or not . In the same setting.

regards

Neelima