cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only the suthor of ABAP programs can see and edit his/her code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

We've created developer accounts with the following authorization profiles: A_ABAP_ALL, S_A.DEVLOPER, AND S_A.USER.

The account holder can access the system, create ABAP programs, and successfully run them. However, there is a problem: a user can see and edit the programs of others.

Can we set up the account in such a way that only the author of the program can see and edit it? If YES, what should we do?

Thanks a lot for the help,

Thuan Nguyen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of this can be taken care of through Transports. Once you create a trasnport it locks the program from further changes, unless you are the owner. So do not relase the trsnport until changes are final.

By the wasy the profiles you are using are SAP standard profiles. You can create your own profiles through Profile Generator, PFCG, and you may find some more creative ways to limit access to code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gus:

Thanks a lot for the help. For creating profiles, I read into 2 different books to get the steps that show how to do it. however, both of them only discuss the general things and do not get to the steps of how to do it.

Do you know what I need to do to create profiles or where I can get some documentation with details of how to do it?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos