Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow system - Performance Problems

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I decide to create this message because I´m faccing with a very bad and persistence problem with my system! Help me please I don´t know what can I do more... I don't get how I solve this problem.

I installed this system an one week ago... and since there the users have notice some problems in it performance!

The system is an ECC 6.0 SR3 with Oracle DB 10.2.0.4 in windows 2008 server x64. After I installed the system I did some tasks that is mentioned in chapter 5 Post-Installation on Installation Guide of SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 ABAP. Those tasks were the checking the recommended Oracle Database Parameters (830576) update Oracle database statistics (note 838725) I also checked the note 974781 which recommend which Internal database maintenance jobs is important or not in Oracle 10.2. And some momments ago I read the note 146289 Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel and apply some recomentation mentioned in there, inside of this note sap talk about other nome that in my opinion is important... I don´t know if that is important that is the note 103747 which is for SAP profile parameters that are not covered in note 146289.

I don´t know what I should do to solve this problem... I already check the ST02 and ST06.... but I´m not an expert and I don´t understand what some values in there represent for the all system performance!

Like I said above what I did until now was create and run oracle statistics, fix some problems in Oracle parameters that sap recommend to change and I apply all recommendation in internal database maintenance jobs.

The system is very slow and before entry in each transaction the system show a message "Cannot start transaction SMEN" (Image 1) and after that it open the transaction in other sap window/new session!! Other sign it is when we are in a transaction and we do a back window (F3) the system display another message/window with "Start SAP Easy Acess" (Image 2).

*Image 1 --» http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2483/17592155.png

*Image 2 --» http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4112/85809003.png

Can you help to solve this problem.. what I have to do..?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you paste an image of the following :

Trx: ST04OLD

ST06

Contents of you spfile.ora

Mark

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark Norman,

This problem was already solved.

This was caused by me I believe when I put a logon image in fisrt screen SAP menu.

I was so stupid... this was caused by my inexperience... and so I apologize to all for this and the time dispend in this problem/post... Sorry!

The only thing that in fact was wrong and it resulted in that stupid behavior of system was in table SSM_CUST in NEW_WINDOW_MODE which was with value = YES and sinceraly I don´t know why and for what I changed this value!

I didn't want to believe that was in fact the problem... sorry guys, and I sincerely thank you to all of you that tried to help me is always a honor and an inspiration to me to learn with you about other things that was approach in this post! I´m always learn with you... believe me!

Sorry more one time!

Best regards to all

João Dimas - Portugal

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look:

Rajeev

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev P ,

I read with all attention that post you suggest but sincerely it don´t seems to me relevant for my issue!

I already said above that the problem of my system isn´t the response time, I already checked ST03 and the response time of dialog work processes it is on average 0,5 m/s!!

The problem is that strange situation that open another session when any user insert/open a transaction! This is the real problem that I don´t get it how can I solve this!!

But thank you anyway for your help.

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you had a chance to look through the traces in ST11?

One other thing you may want to review is [Note 207040 - High memory usage of ITS server machine|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/207040].

Hope that helps.

J Haynes.

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the ITS properties in System you created?

Goto transaction SMICM--> click shift F1 check whether HTTP service is active or not (there will be a check sign if it is active.)+

Check whether service webgui is activated in SICF transaction.

Goto SICF --> Click f8 -->goto sap/bc/gui/sap/its select the WEBGUI application right click and Test if in the preview the browser opens SAP EASY ACCESS of your R/3 then it means the ITS is configured.

if it fails then configure the same.

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam Poddar,

As you can see in the following image the HTTP service is in active mode and we have others service active... :

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2518/smicmadcascais.png

I checked that service and I did a test like you recommend me to do and I get the sap system in internet explorer without error, so its mean that ITS is configured!

I did also a printscreen at SICF in that service... have a look :

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8955/sicfadcascais.png

Any other tip..!?

Thanks,

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Let me say another thing about this problem.

In fact the system isn´t slow!

I checked the ST03 and the dialog wp response and it show me 228 ms (average time per step) And this is a good value!!! So the only problem now is that weird thing that happens always when we open any transaction... the system open another window/session!! (like I describe at my first message).

Can anyone help me?!

Thank you.

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal