cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Product to multiple locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to copy one product to many locations after the first product/location master data is created? If so, how?

Thanks

jh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alex_hsu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a report called 'function_loader_inlay' which can be used to upload mass master data into APO.

-Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex. Is there any documentation as to how to use this function? It appears that the documentation help does not work (at least on my system v4.1).

alex_hsu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Here are the steps:

- Create a file (it would a excel file)

- Click 'Design' tab and enter BAPI FM (for example: BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2)

- Select parameters you want to use and click the button 'Format Worksheet')

- Click 'Data' tab, enter the data you want to load into the system and click the button 'SAP System'.

You can always include 'Return' parameter because the error message will display if it have.

-Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

my email is james.e.howard@valero.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you could do is user APOLoader tool from SAP.

1. Download the relevant ProductLocation data to sheet.

2. Do a copy-in Excel & change location name using find& replace in excel.

3. Save it back.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,It is possible to copy the product to diiferent locations even after the product locations are created.

Choose transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1,Choose the already existing product name,Choose the location name you want to create it in.Choose Create. The Create Product for Location screen appears.

Regards

Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to copy the product location to multiple locations simultaneously? I understand that the product location can be copy to other locations one at a time. I have about 300 locations that I need to set up this one product. I am looking for a way not to do it location by location.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

James

Do you need to set up the product specifically in APO without using R/3 (sorry I should call it ECC these days !!). Otherwise set up the Material Master in R/3 then using the mass copy functions to copy it across all plants/storage locations, then your standard CIF functionality should create it automatically in all product-location combinations.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I do need to set up the products specifically in APO without using R/3. We have a stand alone APO system.

Regards,

JH