cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 384277

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have ti implement this note:384277. It talks about creating secondary indexes on a table. Can someone give me a step by step method of doing this in a 3 system landscape.

Is it done through se11?

Thanks

Suhail

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suhil

yes u go through se11

check note 334224 for creating index in 3 system landscape

regards,

kaushal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I did it. When i created the index in Dev, it automatically created a workbench request and I only have to transport it into QA and PROD now.

Thanks for your help. Points given as always.

Regards

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanky guys for the great info. I am just missing one thing. How to transport the index created to QA and PROD. The oss note just says transport it, but from where?

Or, Can I create the index in other systems using the same procedure?

Regards

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

CREATING SECONDARY INDEX=>

Procedure

In the maintenance screen of the table, choose Indexes.

If indexes already exist on the table, a list of these indexes is displayed. Choose .

In the next dialog box, enter the index ID and choose

The maintenance screen for indexes appears.

Enter an explanatory text in the field Short text.

You can then use the short text to find the index at a later time, for example with the R/3 Repository Information System.

Select the table fields to be included in the index using the input help for the Field name column.

The order of the fields in the index is very important. See What to Keep in Mind for Secondary Indexes.

If the values in the index fields already uniquely identify each record of the table, select Unique index.

A unique index is always created in the database at activation because it also has a functional meaning (prevents double entries of the index fields).

If it is not a unique index, leave Non-unique index selected.

In this case you can use the radio buttons to define whether the index should be created for all database systems, for selected database systems or not at all in the database.

Select for selected database systems if the index should only be created for selected database systems.

Click on the arrow behind the radio buttons. A dialog box appears in which you can define up to 4 database systems with the input help. Select Selection list if the index should only be created on the given database systems. Select Exclusion list if the index should not be created on the given database systems. Choose .

Choose .

Result

The secondary index is automatically created in the database during activation if the corresponding table was already created there and index creation was not excluded for the database system.

You can find information about the activation flow in the activation log, which you can call with Utilities ® Activation log. If errors occurred when activating the index, the activation log is automatically displayed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21eb47446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21eb20446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

THANKS

MRUTYUN