cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean a CUP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

Up to now, we have only one system for ACCESS CONTROL .5.2.

My questions is:

How to cancel- delete every old request before going on live, in order to have a fine and clear parameters.

Waiting for your ideas

Regards

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for every one, we will do the clean up in the next days...and with a double and disk back up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to get the script from SAP (updated for 5.3 sp7) recently - and they replied that this would have to be done locally / it wasn't recommended (which is a different take from what they used to say)...

There are a couple of other ways you could approach this - like taking a backup of the config / truncating all db tables - but whatever you do I'd take a good backup to mitigate for risk that config may get corrupted...and get your dba's to do the actual data cleanse..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

You have a couple of options, I think:

You can either configure the stale requests functionality to automatically close the requests after a set period or use the Requests Administration functions to cancel requests.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pierre,

I agree with Simon if you just don't want to see request data from your testing. If you are planning to go live, I would recommend to clean up all the request data by running a SQL script on GRC -CUP database. This will ensure that you won't see any of the earlier data and they won't exist in the database.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank's for your help.

This way means also I suppose, that i can't delete all the old parameter (step and so on ..) blocked because an old request was connected to it.

Regards

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if there is an active request using that data, then the system will block you from deleting it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, if you want to delete any data you must delete related request data from the system. As I mentioned before, you will need to execute SQL script to remove all request related data.

Alpesh