cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Competitive Scenarion" Initiation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

If I plan to use cFolders "competitive scenario', which initial operations need to be done? For example:

- Create a root folder

- Assign authorizations to users.

Kindly please advise.

Thanks and best regards

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to use Competitive Scenarion, you need to do three operations:

- create users in cFolders with role sap_cfx_user (external partners)

- create work areas with the same names as names of users.

- assing authorizations from work areas and corresponded cFolders users with the help of ACL Lists.

As a result at you the identical number of users and working areas should be created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot.

Actually I'm going to integrate cFolders with SRM strategic sourcing, do I still need to create work areas for each suppliers?

Kindly please advise

Thanks and best regards

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jackytam, There is nothing.

You are right. Use of cFolders (competitive scenario) with SRM for carrying out of tenders in internet is the best variant. And you need to create on one work area for each supplier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot.

Actually I will not create one work area for each supplier if it's not mandatory, I just want to create one "root" work area only instead. Is that possible?

Best regards

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ok. One work area for each supplier is not mandatory. If you want - create one work area - it is possible. But in this case there is not necessity use Competiteve Scenario, It is enough to use Collaborative Scenario.

Competitive Scenarion widely by possibilities than Collaborative Scenario. Competitive Scenarion have two object types - one public and some work areas. Collaborative Scenario have only one object - public area.

Work areas in competitive scenario is a copy of the public area that is automatically created when you create a competiteve collaboration, but has authorizations, which you assign manually, that control who has access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex !

Answers (0)