cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error "UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION" in &VIEW_ELEMENT_TYPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got a big problem, when I by accident configered with sap-config-mode the FITE_EXPENSES-application's LAYOUT_VIEW. I entered text in the Width-field and saved the configuration. The application run into the error in program CX_WDR_ADAPTER_EXCEPTION======CP. This is the note:

"Adapter error in &VIEW_ELEMENT_TYPE& "FORWARD_TOP" of view "FITV_FPM.LAYOUT_VIEW": The CS length specification in property "IFUR_NW5_BUTTON~WIDTH" contains invalid characters"

So, how to reset or correct the configuration setting, when aplication crashes every time I start it.

Seppo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER I found the implicit configuration for Width, but only in display mode. The XML-code looks like this, the Width-element is highlighted:

<Prop Name="WIDTH" Final="0 " P13N_MODE="01">Jatka -&gt; Tarkista ja lähetä</Prop>

BR

Seppo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run the application with out any inputs except user....so that so can delete the condfigurations related to that compoenent/application..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Lekha,

I'm not professional, so I do not quite understand. I navigated to component configuration tabsheet Implicit Configuration, but there are the SAP-standard parameters, for Width:-dialog box it is <Not Set or DDIC Binding or Context Binding>, not the implicit text I entered in context menu of an administrator (with the URL parameter sap-config-mode=X).

BR

Seppo

Ok, it took so long to understand, it's not possible to delete one specific personalization. So deleting the whole FITV_FPM-component's configurations the application runs ok again.

Edited by: Seppo Somppi on Nov 5, 2009 9:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tryed different ways, also with url-parameter sap-wd-configId as well as with trx se80 WDA Explorer: Test - Execute in administration mode. The application runs straight in error. I'm afraid this is a bug, when you can't correct saved configurations.

BR

Seppo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER

WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_APPL

WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_COMP

Run the above compoenents in Admin mode and delete the configurations that you have made to the application/component.

Regards,

Lekha.

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

>

> I got a big problem, when I by accident configered with sap-config-mode the FITE_EXPENSES-application's LAYOUT_VIEW. I entered text in the Width-field and saved the configuration. The application run into the error in program CX_WDR_ADAPTER_EXCEPTION======CP. This is the note:

> "Adapter error in &VIEW_ELEMENT_TYPE& "FORWARD_TOP" of view "FITV_FPM.LAYOUT_VIEW": The CS length specification in property "IFUR_NW5_BUTTON~WIDTH" contains invalid characters"

> So, how to reset or correct the configuration setting, when aplication crashes every time I start it.

>

> Seppo

Hi,

Go the the layout of the view LAYOUT_VIEW of your component. Try to delete the text from the property 'WIDTH' of the element in the view.

Let me know if that works.

Regards

Prasenjit