cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding cost posting to wbs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

If person books time daily and it is trasnferred to SAP on a particular date say at end of the month or first week of new month.

eg.

time booked on 1st nov to 15th Nov is transferred to SAP WBS ( CATS_DA report ) on say 16th November and rest of 16th November to 30th November is transferred to sap wbs on 5th of December.

what should be the document date and posting date ?

my guess is they day we work (booking happens ) should be document date and they day it gets transferred to SAP is posting date? eg. each day 1,2,3.. november will be my document date in reporting and 16th November and 5th December will be my posting date .

please put your view.

we calculate cost on project by multiplying time booked with hourly rate of the person... in accrual based accounting we should use document date as base ? or it can be posting date?

Thanks in Advance

- Aakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aakash,

The date on which you book the times in CAT2 will be the posting date by default when you transfer it to projects.

e.g in your case 1,2...Nov will be the posting dates when you transfer it through CAT5.

if you want to change the posting date to any other date then you need to manually change the posting date while transferrig the cost in CAT5

Regards

Ashish