cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper way to develop standard text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a request concerning the change of a sap script form. The form contains a footer and the information printed therein should be changed. The current situation is that the footer contains 4 languages in one standard text "file". As you can imagine this is very confusing when maintaining the footer data.

I would like to split the footer into one for each language. Now my question is how can I put values like bank accounts etc. dynamically in the footer?

Please explain to me what is a common and proper way to set up such things.

Thanks in advance

best regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Martin, that is the way how I would do this. No guarantee if some "guru" is against, but that´s my best offer:)) Good luck

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you need to know how &variable& works. Open SO10 text and look for a small "plus" icon left top on the screen. Click this and using first line you can add the dynamic variable. Hope this helps. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

thanks for your reply. I know how to use variables in sap script. Does this mean the proper way of writing the bank details would be:

- Define a variable for the bank account number and all information that stays the same in all languages in the print program.

- Translate all items that are to be translated in the form or in the standard text and use the variable to print the static text items

Would this be the proper way of designing a form?

Thanks!

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately none of the above solves my question. What I wanted to know was the following: How would you solve this:

You have a form with several languages lets say DE, EN, FR, IT. For each language you have a separate form where all values are translated. The form has a footer. This footer contains e.g. information on bank accounts. If I have a footer for each of the four language I need to maintain the bank account in each of the four footer files. As this may lead to errors when changing one of the bank accounts I would like to know a way of separating this information...

Thanks

regards

Martin

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to split the So10 text name as textname_en textname_fr textname_es etc...

and in the print program use read_test, in text name can be built dynamically:

concatenate 'textname' is_vbakd-spras into tdname.

or

you can use language translations using Tr. se63 for a given english text you can maintain text in different languages and in the read_text FM tdname would be constant say TDNAME but the language input to the FM would be sy-langu or is_nast-spras.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

As per my knowledge, splitting the SO10 for different languages would not make any sense if you are printing them together in the footer. This would only add to extra work.

If you want to address dynamic variables in Standard Text the write in "&v_variable& " that is variable surrounded by &.where v_variable is variable declared in Driver program.

Kindly have a look and get back in case of any issues.

Cheers

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I'm note sure if I've understand your requirement but if you need different languages why don't you create standard texts for the footer? With transaction code SO10 you could create a footer text for each language and use the include command in your sapscript.

Regards

Nicola