cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation version to Operative project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am unable to create an operative project structure from a simulation version using project builder.

My req:

I have sim version: T-90001/ SIM001

I wish to create operative project T-90001

I can use CJV4 for transfer of project. But is it possible in CJ20N?

Warm regards

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva

You cannot create project T-90001 from simulation version T-90001/SIM001 in CJ20N.You will be getting an error message that T-90001 already exist.The option Copy Simulation in CJ20N is actually meant to create a new project by copying from a template which can be a simulation version,but you cannot create or overwrite an existing operative project using this option.If you try to create T-90002 from template T-90001/SIM001, system will permit.For overwriting the existing operative project data by the Simulation version data, I think CJV4 is the option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your response

Please look at the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/0b/ba853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

There is an illustration which depicts that,

- Project P1234/version 0001 --> Project 1234 --> Project P1234/Version 0002 --> Project P1234

As per this illustration, the project number remains same.

As you said, the transaction CJ20N is not allowing me to transfer the simulation version to operative project.

But, i am experiencing a dump error while trying to transfer simulation to operative in CVJ4.

At the conclusion, i mean to say that irrespective of transaction code, this may be allowed.

Please comment.

warm regards

ramSiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

The reason for the dump in CJV4 is certain objects do not get copied to the operative project when we transfer them from Version to operation ,basically the structure does not get appended.This is a genaral problem in CJV4 but for this SAP Notes are available.From the dump which you are getting identify the suitable SAP note, normally SAPSQL_INVALID_FIELDNAME will be the dump.But please check up the dump with your ABAPer and identify the suitable note from service market place and try to apply it.