cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install base objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Install base objects are created in CRM and remain in CRM. Is there a way to create Installbase objects in R/3 and get downloaded into CRM. If so which is the transaction in R/3 to create the install base and what is the adapter object to download the data from R/3 to CRM.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jothi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

I think the transaction is available (IB52), but it's not part of R/3-CRM functioning.

The normal flow integration between R/3 and CRM is between functional location/equipment(R/3) and Ibases (CRM). If you want to replicate the ibase itself to R/3, then you'll probably have to build it.

Michael.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no standard way to replicate the installed bases from the R/3 System so the CRM System or vice versa.

To get the data from the R/3 System to the CRM System, we used the XIF-Adapter in the CRM System (CRMXIF_IBASE) to send/receive the data in IDOC Format over an ALE RFC Connection.

As short description you have to create the IDOC for the IBASE in a user exit or as an event on change requests for Installed Base in the R/3 System (it has to be compatible to the XIF created IDOC Format from the CRM System) . Then send them to the CRM system over the RFC-connection (The created Partner Profile for the IDOC Message Type is responsible for the data exchange). There the IDOCS are converted to BDocs with the Help of the Function Modules created with the XIF Adapter. A pre-condition for the replication is the prior replication of the Components of the installed bases, such as products/material or equipment/individual object.

Hope this helps

For more information come back to me.

Regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

The Installed Base is created in CRM (IB51)where you define the structure of your IBase.

Coming to creation of Install base objects which are known as individual objects in CRM can be created in CRM in PCUI but not in SAPGUI.

Rather the Individual objects are created as equipment in R/3 and replicated to CRM as individual objects.

I dont understand why you would create an Ibase in R/3 when its already done in CRM

Thanks,

Kalyan

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

I don't know about the creation of installed base in R/3.

But you can create installed base in CRM and replicate it to R/3.

The transaction to create installed base in CRM is CIC0.

Just click on the Home icon in the CIC0 trasaction and create the IBASE.

You will have to setup your middlware accordingly to get it replicated to R/3. Take inputs from functional consultants around you.

<b>Reward points if it helps.</b>

Regards,

Amit Mishra