cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a central Java Stack for multiple SAP Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe this Post is in the wrong place here, sorry for that.

I'm looking for a possibility to use one central SAP Netweaver AS Java Instance with mulitple SAP NW AS ABAP Systems.

The goal is to make each ABAP instance use the functionality of that central Java Stack System.

Can anyone give me information, tips or hints, how that can be realized?

Is this kind of scenario generally realizable?

Thanks beforehand

regards,

C. Peifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not quite sure whether it is possible or not but you can use federated portal concept.

In our one of client landscape, we have installed one central portal which is linked to two other portal (one is for FI and SRM..second one is for BI-HR). So user log on to central portal with their intranet user id and access all other system from this central portal using single sign-on. Central portal is called as consumer portal and two other portals are called as producer portal. This is called as federated portal.

Might be helpful for you.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thank You for the answer, the Federated Portal Network sounds interesting to me, but i think that's not really what I'm looking for.

What I was looking for, is wether it is possible to connect multiple seperated AS ABAP Instances to one central AS Java Instance.

Anyway 2 points for that useful information.

kind regards

C.Peifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten,

Could you give us more information about your goal.

Which functionality of the Java AS do you need to use by the R/3 instances.

Thanks,

Ventsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ventsi,

I'm not looking for any special scenario, only for the utilisation of the core functionality of the java stack with more seperated SAP ABAP Instances.

Services like Adobe Document Services, Software Lifecycle Manager, Visual Administrator ...

Furthermore I need information about running an Enterprise Portal on that Machine.

Thanks beforehand

Best regards

C. Peifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Interesting Requirement. But still you need to have a particular goal to achieve as mentioned by Ventsi.

I had gone through a Central ADS configuation on JAVA stack blog which might give some insight that it can be done. Not quite sure though about the configuration steps.

You may need to do a bit of research.

Please check this blog.

/people/andreas.deutesfeld/blog/2009/04/27/ads-hub--central-installation-of-adobe-document-services

Cheers....,

Raghu

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adobe Document Services can certainly be used with multiple ABAP systems. We use one ADS system for our DEV and TST environments and another for our production environments.

Visual Administrator is as the name suggests, an administration tool that can be used remotely for any Java AS. It's not something that's built "into" a Java AS, it's a separate tool.

Just remember that each business function ie Portal, PI etc has different requirements when it comes to resources and parameters, both in the Java AS itself and the DB. You can't have a single setup that works optimally for all cases even though it may be in theory possible to combine them.

--

Nelis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In our landscape, we have done such a configuration for 3 scenarios:

1. ADS configuration

2. KTP configuration

3. Portal development

For the first 2 types, we have connected various ABAP systems to a central Java server through webservices. Pdf rendering happens through this webserive. You can also use RFC connections to type G from ABAP to Java for this purpose.

For portal development other than double stack systems, we have many standalone java servers connected to an ABAP system. In this scenario, we perform the following:

-> UME configuration for the Java server to point to the ABAP system.

-> Download the java ticket keystore certificate and add it in strust transaction of the R3 system.

-> Configuring necessary JCO's to the backend either with a standard user or using SSO.

-> Finally deploy the java application content to the java server.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu, Hi Nelis, Hi Pranav,

First I have to thank to your really helpfull answers. I think they all will help me solve the problem.

@Pranav: The first part of your answer (type 1) was exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks to all and a happy new year

C. Peifer