Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am asking this question out of curiousity.

I have a function called ztrn so where does SAPLZTRN comes from,is it generated automatically .If it is generated automatically what exactly it contains and can we modify it.

any answers would be greatly appreciated.

my problem is : Iam using ztrn function group

and i think its main program saplztrn contains all the field of tables that it is assigned to.

If any one of those fields is not moved into QAS from DEV then the transport of ZTRN would give errors.

my concerned is that iam interested in table that iam using right now and not worrried about the tables which others are using.

Does any body has faced the same problem please let me know and whats the solution for that.

so everytime i use a function group is it advised to create a function group or every body in the project uses the same function group

and one ore thing when do we require to transport function group i.e

when we create atable or when we do a table maintainence or-----

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am specifically going to talk about table maintenance. When you go to table maintenance generator and give the function group name there, system is going to create the function group. A funtion group ZABC will generate a program name SAPLZABC. Normally you should not modify it unless you very well know what you are doing. Normally you will add more includes there but you will not modify it.

In your case, since many other tables are using the same function group, you will have these issues. Go to table maintenance generator screen and delete the table maintenance. Now recreate the table maintenance using a new function group. This is recommended practice unless you have other standards.

When you generate the table maintenance by giving the function group name, screen etc, it will ask you for the transport, provided you choose a transportable development class when prompted. This transport will also transport your function group definition.

Hope this clears,

Srinivas

PS: Please stick to one thread for the same issue instead of opening multiple threads. Please close the others.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAPLZTRN is the main program of the function group ZTRN. You will notice in this program, there is a TOP include, the an UXX include. The TOP include will have all of the global data declarations, the UXX include will have includes of all of the function modules of this function group.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

P.S. Also you may want to start thinking of some more descriptive subjects lines. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman