cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import Transports(.P6B type) attached to a OSS notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to Import Transports attached to a oss note(980213) in to my system(4.6C) , those are of type .P6B. Can any one please tell me how to import those in to SAP system.

Thanks a lot in advance...

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will be R9XX.P6B & K9XX.P6B files, copy these files in to data and co files. Run STMS --> extra --> Add transport --> enter P6B9XX and click ok.

This will copied in to the queue. after wards its normal transport import process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am in SAP 4.6C and i don't find this path in STMS. In my system, STMS->EXTRA->SETTINGS-> ( IMPORT OVERVIEW, SYSTEM OVERVIEW, TRANSPORT ROUTE, STANDARD ALERT ). Can you please give me correct path for me...

Thanks for once again...

Reddy.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jagan

As suggested by Mahesh, copy the datafile and cofile in usr/sap/trans/data and usr/sap/trans/cofiles.

From SAP, run tcode STMS_IMPORT-->Extras->Other Request---->Add ( dont have access to a 4.6 system, so not sure if this option were available). Alternatively, you can add the request in import queue from Operating system level.

Login to OS->open command prompt-> navigate to usr/sap/trans/bin and run the command below

>tp addtobuffer P6BKXXXXXX SID pf=tp_DOMAIN_SID.PFL

here SID= your system id where you are adding that request.

former_member183872
Participant
0 Kudos

As mentioned in Mahesh's & Anindya's reply.

Copy the cofile and data file in /usr/sap/trans/cofiles and /usr/sap/trans/data from the zip file and

in the tcode STMS ,

select Overview -> Imports then double click on the system where you want to import the request.

Then in Extras -> Other Requests -> Add, paste the request number as P6BK<number>

DO ensure that you have copied the data file and cofile in the respective directories before adding the request otherwise it will give an error saying datafile or cofile doesnot exist.

Do let us know if it solved ur issue or not.

If yes please close the message , if no let us know the issue you are facing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a small clearification:

The file named Rxxxx.P6B should be copied to the /usr/sap/trans/data or
saptranshost\sapmnt\trans\data directory

The file named Kxxxx.P6B should be copied to the /usr/sap/trans/cofiles or
saptranshost\sapmnt\trans\cofiles directory

If you are transporting the files via FTP, please note that the files should be transported in binary format.

Then you should be able to add the transport to the import queue and import it.