Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP: user creation in CUA child client but incorrect CUP password feed back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This looks like the same unresolved post from Vincent Doux on this forum as well.

When we create a request for a new account to create a user in a CUA child client, - and the user already exists in the CUA master - we find that the password fed back by CUP via its email that has the password link in it, is not the one as it was created by CUA in the respective child client.

Ergo, the user can not log on with the password provided by CUP.

CUP's provisioning message is OK, the user is properly created in the child client but the the password given by email from CUP doesn't allow to connect user on to the child client.

As a contra-test: When creating the user directly from CUA manually the password is however working corrrectly on the child client.

Does someone know how to have the correct password (CUA) in the CUP email notification or how to solve this?

Both Java and CUA master and Child Client are on 5.3 SP 6. I checked OSS note 1168508

Regards

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Have you got the CUA configuration settings maintained correctly?

CUP may not be referencing the correct destination and therefore maynot be interfacing correctly to provide the correct password.

Simon

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Have you got the CUA configuration settings maintained correctly?

CUP may not be referencing the correct destination and therefore maynot be interfacing correctly to provide the correct password.

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thx for your reaction.

Yep, we checked those CUA config settings, moreover our contra-test proofed in our opinion that CUA from an ABAP perspective is doing what's supposed to.

Regards,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

OK, got feedback on my OSS note, appears to be a bug, seems to be fixed in SP8. Time for some good old SAINT and SPAM mixed with a double shot of JAVA i guess

Ciao,

George