cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weighing Scale integration with SAP ( Packing Station)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to have our Weighing Scales integrated with SAP to capture the READINGS for parcels / cartons / shipments automatically.

I observe there is a provision for maintaining RFC connection , Scale Checkbox etc in SPRO--->Logistics Exec ---> Packing --->Set profile for packing w.r.t HUPAST tcode ...

Would you plz help me with some work-arounds ...???

Regards

Jamna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please press F1on RFC field in packing station profile ther you will get the information about integration.

Also a thrid party software is mentioned which will act as a middleware between SAP and weighing scale.

Regards,

Vishal

Edited by: VS on Oct 29, 2009 5:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

There is XMI technology available that can be potentially leveraged for this type of requirements in integrating any electronic gadgets talking to SAP ....

I think SAP XMI will be vry useful for this.

XMI is having ability to capture real time data from other system and update accordingly.

It has have connectors which will capture values from other system and pull in SAP.

How to Integrage Weigh Scale with OPC server via xMII 12.0

Hello Experts,

I am new to xMII. We want to integrate shop floor weigh scale into SAP PI Sheet to read the value from weight scale into PI Sheet. We have the infrastructure Ohaus weigh scale, xMII 12.0, SAP ERP 4.70, Kepware OPC Server, installed xMII framework for UDS and UDS 4.0. We are able to integrate the OPC Data tags into SAP PI Sheet successfully. But we need help to integrate weight scale with OPC server to read the scale value into OPC data tag.

Can any one give the steps to integrate weight scale with OPC server?

with best regards

K. Mohan Reddy

-

I know someone who have developed few applications on integrating weighing machines with R/3.

By: | 04 Dec 2008

i am working as a ABAPer in my company and developed DLL in VB6 on integrating weighing machines with R/3.

implemented and working in more than 10 sites.

By: | 12 Dec 2008

ERP-Scale from Pocket Programs provides a standardized u201Cplug & playu201D interface for weighing equipment. It is SAP Certified and can be used for integration of weigh-scales with the SAP Packing Station transaction (HUPAST) or with custom ABAP developments. Major international companies are already gaining benefit by implementing ERP-Scale in their plants worldwide.

By: | 04 Feb 2009

-

What have to say folks about the possibilities with the above ? But shouldnt SAP have some standard FM / RFC / BAPI owefully facilitating the same???

But the available FM HU_GET_RFC_DATA doesnt have any documentations attached to it ?

Regards

Jamna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

gatan_bergeron
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi !

we use ERPScale from PocketPrograms.com. It offers an interface with almost any type of scale (RS-232, USB, Ethernet) and the integration with HUPAST is working out of the box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

does the OHAUS model T31P ( scale) supports RFC in SAP ( remote function calls)?

can someone help me with this?

thanks

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

we have check the user manual for the OHAUS T31P scale and it is supported by ERP-Scale. So yes, the scale can interfaced with SAP RFC calls using ERP-Scale.

Please contact us with details of the business process you wish to add the weighing function to, and we can advise the best RFC to use.

More details on ERP-Scale here.

Pocket Programs Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos