cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in File Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario whice is split in two parts (to be precise two saperate scenarios execute).

In the first one file is received from a SOAP channel as attachment, and through a receiver file channel it is sent to a local folder in XI.

In the second Interface, a File channel picks that files and througha SOAP channel sends it to the third party.

Now the issue is,

In the first interface the size of the file received and size of the file sent to XI folder is same, means no truncation is there.

But when the File is picked by the file channel in second interface, the file gets trucated and it only picks a part of the file.

Other interfaces are dealing fine with any file size, but only this particular interface is truncating data.

Any help on this will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas ,

Reason may be by the time 1st Interface writes the file in folder..2 interface picks the file .

As mentioned above interface design is not good..prone to such type of issues...

anyway , try to set time "'msec to wait before Modification check' parameter at file adapter where it checks for file size if there is any change in file than it will pick the higher size one.

Regards ,

Edited by: Santosh Rawat on Oct 29, 2009 5:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leaving the interface design apart, I would advice you to check the content of payload and see if any data has been missed.

Also, there might be chance of file being writing to the directory and meanwhile the second channel pickedup the file(incompletly written file).

If this is the case, you can make use of 'msec to wait before Modification check' parameter to handle this.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I dont know why you designed interface like 2 flow,you can avoid one interface as per question

SOAP---->SAP PI----->File

File--

>SAPPI---->Receiver.current flow,

you can make it SAOP--->pi--->Receiver,but i dont know why you developed as two flows..coming to truncation problem i dont think problem with communication channel,my advice to you check in Moni Outbound payload,if it is taking whole message then the problem with Maping,some where you done wrong.

else

first open the content of the file in wordpad and see,and check communication details.

Regards,

Raj