cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number master batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone out there using serial numbers in the material master, along with split valuation? When you do this, the field "Master batch" in the serial number maintenance screen (trxn IQ02) gets updated with the split valuation category. We have a requirement to later receive the same material and serial number using a different split valuation category, but this causes an error, unless we first clear out the master batch field, which of course we don't want to have to do manually.

Is there any way to prevent the master batch field from getting updated in the first place? If not, any other ideas?

Thanks,

Den

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Den,

at least in standard there is no way of doing this automatically, see sap note 64044, exception is trx. iw8w.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Bockelmann,

This is Senthil. Im having a problem relevant to SUT.

When I create TO for 10,000 PCs of an item with Storage Unit P1 ( 1000 PCs = 1 P1), system generates only 1 Storage unit instead of 10 .

I maintained SUT relevant data in Material master also. I dont know what will be the additional configs needed.

I configured Storage type with following control parameters.

1. Putaway strategy - P ( Pallet strategy)

2. Mixed storage ( A - Several Homogeneous SU per bin )

3. ACtivated SU Mngt

4. SUT check - activated

5. Capacity check method - 5 ( Usage check based on SU )

6. Stock removal ( FIFO)

Kindly help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We had similar scenario and were able to solve it by clearing the Master Batch during return process. In the serial number user exit we can clear the master batch and when a serial number is finally posted then it gets the new split valuation

BR

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please let me knwo which user-exit you employed to do so. We are ahving lot of issues with this right now.

Answers (0)