cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES BW7./SEM 7.0 install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am currently installing ides for bw7.0. i downloaded all packages needed but i couldn't find any installation guide. all guides are for ecc6. can some one give me a guide how to install it??

one more thing i found something strange in the installation wizard it asked only about the export2 but never asked about export 3. although when i download the export from the marketplace it gave me 3 exports? can someone tell me why?

thanks a million

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the file info is in that link

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~swdc/012002523100000675962008E/CDLABEL.htm?_ACTION=CONTENT_INFO

my question is EXP3 is never used is that normal it prompted only for exp2

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from what I remember, the first screen ask for CD 1 and 3.... the second screen asks for CD 2... I don't know why this works that way, but this what I remember.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply

I downloaded the export dumb 8 big files.when i extracted them it created 2 folders one has exp1 and the pother has exp2 and exp3. the installation wizard asked only about export 1 and then export 2 i pointed to folder exp2 and the wizard accepted it.

now my question is:

is it normal that it has no exp3 or what should i do?

shall i start again the installation from the beginning as it is installing now i know it will take long and i don't want to find some problem in the future?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installation Exp DVDs for Netweaver 2 DVDs

Java based SW Componets 4 DVDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean when it prompted to insert the location of export 2 i should give the location of the second DVD not the folder EXP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download the Netweaver Installation guides. Installation is every thing same, just you need to select the usage types as AS ABAP, AS JAVA, EP EP Core & BI JAVA. I hope you have downloaded the JAVA Export dumps also.