Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Delete a customer table automatically when deleting an address in BP

Hi Gurus,

First, I have added a customer table for BUPA object from trx EEWB and the system has created an additional tab in BP transaction and within the tab has drawn a table control with the structure I have defined for my customer table. Then, I have moved this table control to the screen sequence BUA130(Address Details - Address Data) from trx. BUCO. Thus, each time I create a new address for a business partner I can populate my customer table. I have the following requirement: When I delete an address from Address Overview tab I want to delete automatically all the entries from my customer table which belong to this address. The system have created a FM ZZG00_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE in EEWB. So I have added this entry to the event FCODE from trx. BUS7 for application BUA. However when I try to delete an adress the system run FM BUA_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE but not my FM ZZG00_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE. Anybody knows Why? There is another method to achieve this (Badi....)?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Rosa

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Rosa,

Function modules *_FCODE that are attached to FCODE event operate as follows:

Whenever you click on a button field sy-ucomm is populated with the FCODE. This FCODE propogates through these *_FCODE function modules until some function module consumes this FCODE.

As address delete button is a standard button, the FCODE event generated by clicking on this button is standard and is consumed(or handled) by standard FM BUA_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE. Once this event is handled it no longer propogates. Thus your FM doesnt get called.

Following is what you can do:

There is a call sequence for function modules BUS7.

All you have to do is to assign earlier call sequence to ZZG00_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE than that of BUA_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE.

For example.

ZZG00_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE - seq 1

BUA_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE - seq 2

But be sure that you let the event propogate further so that even BUA_BUPA_EVENT_FCODE can handle this. (dont set the 'x_handled' parameter).

This should solve your problem.

Please get back if you need any further clarifications regarding BDT events.

Please reward points if this helps you.

Regards

Kaushal

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question