Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule line and alternative units of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have the following situation:

We have a material that has an alternative UOM of PAK and the Base UOM is PCE. Material can be sold in both UOM's. Some customers require PAK some PCE. Conversion factor: 6 PCE = 1 PAK. Now, in case we have only 4 PCE's on stock and an order is placed for a customer that requires PAK, the order will get a schedule line with a committed quantity of 0,8 PAK and 0,2 PAK for the remainder.

How can we prevend this from happening? The same also applies for STO's.

Thanks,

MZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this kind of Scenario,

Initially, in MMR you have to maintain MOQ - Minimum Order Qtty .

if not, In Order, change the UOM to PCE. as the customer requirement is only 4 PCE.

In MMBE-Stock Overview, you will not have 0.8 PAK, either it will be 1 PAK or 6 PCE.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But what in case 1,8 PAK on stock? If I maintain minimum order quantity = 1, I will still have the issue.

Changing the UOM is not an option. ATP should commit in full PAK's and not in partial PAK's. IS this possible?

MZ

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here in MOQ , you will be maintaining in Base UOM.

eg: 6 PCE

Sales Unit= PAK UOM ( in additional data - UOM tab- 1 PAK =6 PCE)

You will not have 1.8 PAK stock. for your confirmation check in MMBE as i said in above post.

Regarding ATP,

Requirement will transfer in Base UOM, based on Conversion rate maintained in MMR, ATP will be done accordingly & system confirmed the Quantity in Sales Unit / Order Unit.

NOTE: Delivery Unit in MMR - Sales Org1 tab, if you maintain this value with UOM, you can dispatch only multiples of this delivery unit can dispatched.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The point is, customer can order in PCE as well. So in reality, we can have partial PAK quantities in stock. When doing ATP in the sales order, it does give a message about rounding but it does not round.

MZ

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To do this,

Can you check the Rounding Profile in MMR - ( Help gives clear info, to suit your requirement with an eg)

Tcode:OWD1- Create Rounding Profile.

Answers (0)