cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with HCM P&F Workflow - DPF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are using the DPF functionality in our HCM system, which uses HCM P&F for approval and storage of the documents in Records management. Whenever a DPF form gets approved the event COMPLETED of class CL_HRASR00_WF_PROCESS_OBJECT is triggered, which has an event linkage with the receiver function module HR_ASR_START_PERSFILE_CREATION which creates a record and stores the DPF attachments(passport,contract etc) into records management.

The issue which we are facing is the COMPLETED gets triggered for all the HCM P&F like salary change,transfer when it is getting completed(after approval) and since there is no check function module associated with this event linkage a DPF record is created for the employee which is not necessary. The event linkage is SAP standard one and I wonder why there is no check function module to stop this.I searched for SAP note but no luck, if any one has any idea on this please let me know.

Regards

Sapient

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are absolutely correct. There is not a check function module for this event. We considered two options:

1. create a custom check function module that will check if the DPF already exist (or if a new record is necessary)

2. disable this event trigger, create a custom event trigger, and trigger the new custom event only for the P&Fs that need to create a DPF

We went with option 1.

Best regards,

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company, LLC

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ian_kummer2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In case the pervious solution was unacceptable the design time configuration actually controls the DPF creation and if you dont want the process to create a DPF you can disable it from this point (see form scenario section).