cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine output from two data sources for a line graph.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help in following scenario.

Scenario - We have a line graph created in VC. We have a numeric field in the data seris and a date field in the Category axis.

This is working fine.

Requirement - Customer wants month names instead of dates on the category axis of the line graph.

Problem - The RFC which is providing the data to line graph doesnot have a output field giving month names instead it has dates.

Options Tried - Tried using 'Union' and 'Switch' operator with a RFC giving month names. Unfortunately this doesnot work.

One close try was with 'union' operator but it ignores the numeric fields.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Kade

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using 'BI Query' as 'Data Service'? If Yes then you can map that date to '0calmonth' & you can use this field.

You can try with 'DSTR' (Date string) but it will show you the month as many times the date value is there. If you have 10 dates on category axis then it will return same month 10 times. I think you need to change your RFC only.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Thank you for the reply. I did try to do changes in RFC, I am calling a FM which gives me month names in my original RFC.

But still the outpot of this FM is in a seperate table and anyways I will have to combine these two tables.

Problem still remains the same.

I tried using 'Filter' to convert date format but after applying filter my VC application is not deploying.

Thanks,

Amit Kade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Don't use two datasources. At the output port of the datasources add one more field with month. use date format functions to get month from the date. then use group operator with group by month. After group operator use line chart. you will get the month wise line chart.

Regards

Pramod Patil

Answers (0)