cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0CURRENCY CONVERSION

Former Member
0 Kudos

does anyone know what table I can go to in BW where I can see what the conversion factors are between two different currencies. I am running a BW report which does some currency conversion from Danish Krones to Euros but I keep on getting a * sign in my rows. This means that a conversion was not possible. I want to make sure that the correct master data is being maintained in BW.

Thanks,

Nyrvole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

You can see in the TCUR* tables, but I prefer SE38 > RCURTEST. You need to enter the rate type, the date (for which you need the rate) and the From and To Currency. The report provides you the conversion rate.

The * may also mean that different currencies are trying to be added up...you may want to check that angle too.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, Bhanu. I checked the rcurtest and it passed. The master data is being maintained. Can you think of any other reason why I would get * in my rows. I checked in the cube, and there is no summation mechanism in the cube. That is, I am running the report for one unique row in the cube

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Bex report, do you see the correct value, if you do not do the currency conversion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In excel, when you click on the * cell, are you seeing any value in the window for excel. If so, have to look at the excel properties.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see any value, just the *. Is this what you are asking me?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The * does represent Mixed Values. Can you formulate your query in LISTCUBE and see if you get any values for this key figure.

Where have you set up the currency conversion: In the update process or in the query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

I have solved this issue. The problem was that I was doing a calculation between two key figures that did not have the conversion mechanism set up in the query.

Thanks,

Nyrvole

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nyrvole,

table tcode 0bo8 also gives u all the rates

addede knowledge

Answers (0)