cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination of current exchange rate in the cancellation billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement which I have described below. It would be helpful if you can mail your suggestions on the below.

Existing logic in SAP:

While CANCELLING a billing document(VF11), system copies the exchange rate from the original billing document. The same is transferred to accounting from the header of the billing document. VBRK–KURRF to BKPF-KURSF.

Change Requirement:

While CANCELLING a billing document, system should determine the exchange rate based on the current date (Date of cancellation)

The same should get transferred to accounting.

Example: Invoice dated 01.01.2005 if cancelled on 15.05.2006; the exchange rate should determine the rate that is valid for 15.05.2006 and not copy from the original invoice.

So VBRK–KURRF should not get copied from the Original billing document, but it should redetermine the rate based on the current date.

I need to know if there are any Exits or Bapi's or any kind of customization that I can do for this requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Midhun.

Ph: +49 1520 4358506

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi midhun ,

This is sai ,

I dont know whether this is precise solution for your rpoblem or not . but i have an idea regarding that

If the document is reversed then another document will be created for reversal

So in document type settings you have an option for using another exchange rate

regards

saikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's a setting in copy control - at item level - that will achieve this.

But you want to check with the users if that's what they really want.

Norrette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norrette,

The user really whats this requirement. Can you help me in telling where this setting can be made in Copying control. If you can detail it, it would be helpful and I can show this to the user.

Thanks in advance.

Midhun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

You will probably get a full explanation of the detail from the SD forum, as my focus is more FI.

Re: the user requirement - what he is asking here is to make an unusual FX posting by creating an artificial difference in income plus an ultimate opposite entry in the FX account. I had this request from clients before but they soon realise it's a lot of work for little benefit.

Regards,

Norrette